NIGERIA: Seme, Badagry, Abeokuta, Oshogbo, Ile-Ife, Lagos.
This short Destination Nigeria Tour is an extention of a tour of West Africa. You will enter the country from neighbouring Benin republic through the land border town of Seme and visit the historic town of Badagry, a slave trading port during the infamous Atlantic slave trade. You will visit the main commercial city of Lagos, purchase Batik fabrics in Itoku market at Abeokuta, drive to Oshogbo to visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Oxun Shrine. You will also visit the ancient city of Ile Ife the Yoruba cradle of creation.
Day 01: COTONOU – SEME – ABEOKUTA
- After breakfast, you will depart Cotonou for Seme border post of Benin and Nigeria. Meet and assist with border formalities and transfer to Badagry. On arrival, embark on a tour of ‘Badagry Slave Route’ including slave trade museum and relics, Seriki Abbas compound (slave Baracoon), Gberefu beach (Slave embarkation point), First Story Building in Nigeria, etc. Lunch is at a city restaurant. Proceed for Abeokuta after lunch to visit historic Olumo rock, Itoku market selling ‘Adire’ (batik) fabric and Obasanjo Presidential Library Complex. Dinner and evening at leisure.
- Overnight Park Inn by Radisson or similar
Day 02: ABEOKUTA- OSHOGBO – LAGOS
- After breakfast, depart for Oshogbo the main city of Osun State located in the farming region where yams, cassava, grain, cotton and tobacco are grown. Oshogbo is the venue of the annual festival along the River Oxun. The festival is centered around the sacred grove of the river goddess Oxun, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The dense forest of the Oxun Sacred Grove is one of the last remnants of primary high forest in southern Nigeria. Regarded as the abode of the goddess of fertility Oxun, one of the pantheons of Yoruba gods. The landscape of the grove and its meandering river is dotted with sanctuaries and shrines, sculptures and art works in honor of Oxun and other deities. The sacred grove is seen as a symbol of identity for all Yoruba people. It testifies to the once widespread practice of establishing sacred groves outside all settlements. Lunch is at a city restaurant. After lunch visit the national museum and historical sites at Ile-Ife. According to the Yoruba people, Ife is where the founding deities Oduduwa and Obatala began the creation of the world, as directed by the paramount Deity Olodumare. Return to Lagos after visits. Dinner and evening at leisure.
- Overnight Eko Hotel & Suites or similar
Day 03: LAGOS – DEPARTURE
- After breakfast, embark on a half-day city tour of Lagos including NCF Conservation Center, Nike Art Gallery, Lekki Craft Market etc. A boat ride on the lagoon to visit Tarkwa bey is the high point. Lunch is at a city restaurant. Late afternoon transfer to the airport to catch onward departure flight. End of tour.
- Airport / Hotel Transfer
- Land transfers in private air-conditioned vehicle
- Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner (full-board):
- 1 night, Park Inn by Radisson or similar, Abeokuta
- 1 night, Eko Hotel & Suites or similar, Victoria Island
- Nigeria style lunch 3 nos.
- Hotel buffet dinner 2 nos.
- Tour as specified in itinerary
- All entrance fees
- Tour guide services
- Shopping & sightseeing
- Hotel taxes & gratuities
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.